get_preferred_from_update_core can return false
|Reported by:||markoheijnen||Owned by:||nacin|
I just had a case in my network installation where get_site_transient( 'update_core' ) returned false.
In this case it gave an error message at core_update_footer();
When I went back to Network admin updates page and press 'check_again' the error went away.
The error can be caused because of running the recent nightly build (3.4-alpha-20205).
What was weird that in the site wp-admin there still was the balloon that there was an update when I had the error. When I pressed the button the balloon went away what is the correct.
Change History (5)
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to minor
comment:3 SergeyBiryukov — 13 days ago
- Focuses docs added
- Keywords has-patch commit added; needs-patch reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.9