_pad_term_count get's stuck if there is a loop in the hierarchy
|Reported by:||westi||Owned by:||westi|
|Component:||Taxonomy||Keywords:||westi-likes has-patch 2nd-opinion|
Ideally it should be impossible for a loop in a taxonomy hierarchy to exist.
But sometimes they do.
If one does exist then _pad_term_counts() gets stuck :(
When one of these does exist the category widget breaks the front page of your site.
We currently hook wp_check_term_hierarchy_for_loops on wp_update_term_parent and I wonder if there are other places we should be doing this check too.
Change History (18)
- Keywords westi-likes 3.5-early added; reporter-feedback removed
- Owner set to westi
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 9 @boonebgorges — 7 months ago
- Keywords 2nd-opinion added; 3.6-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.2
comment:12 @boonebgorges — 7 months ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed
comment:13 @boonebgorges — 7 months ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened