Image post format insertion results in a broken image for unlinked images
|Reported by:||designsimply||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by wonderboymusic)
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Appearance > Themes and activate the Twenty Twelve theme
- Go to Posts > Add New
- Click the "Image" post format at the top
- Click "Select / Upload Image"
- Upload a new image and set Link To = None
- Click "Select Image"
- Note that the "_format_image" textarea contains a link even though I selected Link To = None (looks like a separate bug), remove the anchor tag so just the img tag is left (that's the expected behavior for what I selected). See the highlighted part of the first screenshot below for an example.
- Click "Publish"
- View the post
- Expected: to see an image post format appear normally with the image showing
- Actual: no image appears and I see the following mangled HTML:
<div class="post-format-content"> <p><img src="<img src=" http:="" threedotonefour.com="" wp-content="" uploads="" 2013="" 01="" img_3754.jpg"="" width="300" height="225" alt="IMG_3754" class="wp-image-223 alignright size-medium">” alt=”" /></p></div>
- WP Trunk r24075
- Twenty Twelve theme
- Chrome 26
- I see the same problem regardless of whether I use the "Select / Upload Image" link to add the image.
- As long as the "Image HTML or URL" field contains an unlinked image with code similar to the example above, the image appears broken on the front end.
- The same problem happens even if you simplify the HTML in the "Image HTML or URL" field to something like <img src="http://threedotonefour.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/DCP00684.jpg" />
This is *very* similar to #24147 but the output HTML is different.
Change History (8)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.