Add fixed full screen background option to custom backgrounds
|Reported by:||shelob9||Owned by:|
The options for custom backgrounds have become a little dated, for example: tiled image backgrounds. A good place to start in updating the functionality of custom backgrounds to fit the needs of modern web design is to enable fixed full screen backgrounds.
I think that in order to do this the following is necessary:
- Create a function in wp-includes/theme.php to handle the CSS for fixed backgrounds to be used in _custom_background_cb() to handle front-end css and custom_background::admin_page() to handle the background preview css in the back-end.
- Use that new function in _custom_background_cb()
- Use that new function in custom_background::admin_page()
- Create a full screen option in the custom background options in the admin page.
- Create a full screen option in the custom background options in the theme customizer.
I am attaching a patch that addressed items 1-4. I don't think my patch is the actual solution for this. It doesn't address the theme customizer and I think it suggests a need to address the Background Attachment option as well. Feedback on those two aspects is especially appreciated, as well as any other feedback about my patch.
Ticket #25569, which makes a strong case for getting rid of the custom background page, is a related issue worth considering along with this.