Support for string $args in wp_get_object_terms() broken in 4.7
|Reported by:||sstoqnov||Owned by:||dd32|
|Component:||Taxonomy||Keywords:||has-patch has-unit-tests fixed-major|
Description (last modified by ocean90)
It appears that wp_get_object_terms() no longer supports the string version of the $args parameter. Prior to WordPress 4.7 it used to support both string and array values, and there might be multiple plugins and themes that rely on this fact. It's also documented as string|array in the Codex.
After digging a bit I found that this regression has been introduced in  which removed a lot of redundant code.
Change History (14)
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-testing added
- Severity changed from normal to critical
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords needs-unit-tests added; needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 4.7.1
- Keywords fixed-major added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened