Make clean_post_cache child cleaning optional
|Reported by:||arnee||Owned by:|
|Component:||Posts, Post Types||Keywords:||has-patch gsoc|
clean_post_cache() makes a MySQL query in every call to clean the cache for child posts. This should be optional if the caller knows that there are no child posts or they're not cached.
Background: I need to query all posts have to clean the post cache to stay within the memory limits. Before 2.5 this was fine with clean_post_cache, but since the update the php execution time increased extremely because of this additional db query.
Change History (7)
- Component changed from General to Optimization
- Keywords has-patch added
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
comment:4 @wojtek.szkutnik — 5 years ago
- Cc wojtek.szkutnik@… added
- Keywords has-patch gsoc added; needs-patch removed