Add ordering support to plugins_api() when filtered on tag or search term
|Reported by:||apeatling||Owned by:|
It would be awesome if you could pass an ordering parameter to plugins_api() that would allow you to return a list of filtered plugins in a specific order.
I'd love to be able to use the API to return a list of the most popular / newest / recently updated plugins on the repo that contain the tag "buddypress".
Something like this would be awesome:
$plugins = plugins_api( 'query_plugins', array( 'tag' => 'buddypress', 'page' => 1, 'order' => 'popular' );
Even better, also allow search filtering:
$plugins = plugins_api( 'query_plugins', array( 'tag' => 'buddypress', 'search' => 'album', 'page' => 1, 'order' => 'popular' );
I'd be happy to implement this if I can get access to the API source on WordPress.org.
Change History (14)
- Component changed from WordPress.org site to Plugins
- Milestone changed from WordPress.org to Awaiting Review
2 months ago
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from assigned to closed