"Unknown character set" during install into database reports successful install.
|Reported by:||MECU||Owned by:||barrykooij|
During editing of the wp-config.php, I changed
Which I thought was valid.
After clicking "Install Wordpress" I got a page full of:
WordPress database error: [Unknown character set: 'utf8_general_ci']
And at the bottom, "Success" with a login prompt, but nothing was actually created in the database.
I think WP shouldn't report a successful install if the user happened to accidentally change this value (or another) during install as it would cause confusion.
I used a svn checked out version of WP on 2010-04-24 on my local computer using PHP5 and apache2, but I think this is really a problem since 2.6 (or when the current install system was implemented).
Change History (15)
- Keywords needs-patch added; install error database removed
- Milestone changed from Unassigned to Future Release
comment:5 SergeyBiryukov — 20 months ago
- Component changed from General to Upgrade/Install
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Priority changed from lowest to normal
- Severity changed from trivial to normal
comment:12 nacin — 17 months ago
- Component changed from Upgrade/Install to Database
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release