Sites with IDN domains can't be created (bug #15554 continuation)
|Reported by:||qdinar||Owned by:|
|Component:||Networks and Sites||Keywords:||needs-patch|
registration of new site with idn domain by unknown/new users themselves is not possible.
(though creation of new site in wp-admin/network/site-new.php page is possible, by patch given in bug #15554 , i have just now tested it.)
also let i mention that site domain is written (and would be requested to enter, if would be fixed without punycode to unicode conversion) in punicode form in wp-signup.php page, that is not acceptable for wordpress.
i have attached differences i made to wp 3.0.4 to make idn domains working and also to show and accept them in human readable format in wp-signup.php page . link to the differences file i attached to/in previous bug report on/to this topic: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/15554/diff304-blogo.txt .
Change History (15)
- Keywords needs-testing added; idn signup registration punycode unicode removed
5 years ago
- Component changed from General to Multisite
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.4
4 years ago
- Keywords needs-refresh added
- Milestone changed from 3.4 to Future Release
3 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Networks and Sites
- Focuses multisite added
11 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; needs-testing has-patch needs-refresh removed