wpmu_validate_blog_signup(): Allow '.' and '-' in blog names
|Reported by:||fo0bar||Owned by:|
|Component:||Login and Registration||Keywords:||dev-feedback needs-patch|
Canonical uses Wordpress 3.x multisite as part of voices.canonical.com, for employees who do not have or wish to list their personal blog. The code is stock, except for one patch we maintain, which allows blog names (currently in WP as lowercase alphanumeric only) to also include '.' and '-'. This matches our global username format.
Attached is a patch extending wpmu_validate_blog_signup() to allow '.' and '-', with a tweak for the error text. We have been running the patch for awhile, and have not run across any problems with the rest of the code accepting this.
Change History (27)
4 years ago
- Keywords dev-feedback added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.7
3 years ago
- Component changed from Multisite to Login and Registration
- Focuses multisite added
17 months ago
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed