Future-dated top-level pages are not automatically added to custom menus
|Reported by:||jamocreations||Owned by:|
I've found that future-dated top-level pages are not automatically added to custom menus, despite my setting to do so.
When a future-dated page is published, the new menu item is added to the 'posts' table (a new row with 'post_type' = 'nav_menu_item'). However, the new menu item is not added to the 'wp_term_relationships' table. In short, the menu item is not saved correctly, and hence does not show up in the custom menu.
Steps to reproduce this bug:
- Activate a theme with support for custom menus.
- Under "Appearance" > "Menus", enable the option "Automatically add new top-level pages"
- Create a new top-level page, and schedule it to be published in the future.
- Wait for the page to be automatically published.
Change History (6)
- Keywords needs-patch needs-unit-tests added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.9