Media uploader loads full size image and slows down, please change to thumbnails.
|Reported by:||mnrtjeR||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
The media uploader is really slow if you upload 1024 x 768 images, the reason for this is that the preview shows full size images.
Underneath here is a quick fix to speed up the media uploader to thumbnails.
Please change line 1333 in "wp-includes/media.php" from:
$attachment_url = wp_get_attachment_url( $attachment->ID );
$attachment_url = wp_get_attachment_thumb_url($attachment->ID );
Change History (28)
comment:1 @SergeyBiryukov — 3 years ago
- Component changed from General to Media
- Description modified (diff)
- Keywords has-patch removed
comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 @DrewAPicture — 2 years ago
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:10 follow-up: ↓ 12 @MDesigner0 — 2 years ago
- Keywords needs-refresh added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.9
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-refresh removed
comment:22 @nacin — 16 months ago
- Keywords 4.0-early added
- Milestone changed from 3.9 to Future Release