Increase the usability of Plugin Editor's files list (separate directories, limit height)
|Reported by:||Daedalon||Owned by:|
Regarding the list under Plugin Files in the Plugin Editor (plugin-editor.php):
- Plugin root directory does not need to be mentioned in the file list.
- In order to improve readability, directories should be marked in a way that distinguishes them from the filename.
Preferably directories should not be shown next to every file, but rather as headers, under which all files in the same directory are grouped. This would make the list a lot shorter, as currently most of the filename-and-path-combinations span two lines.
- The form of the list should be changed to limit the total height of the list. This is especially useful for plugins with dozens of editable files.
One way would be to use a < ul > element with expansible/collapsible directory headers, showing only the first-level directories and files by default.
Change History (11)
- Focuses ui added
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement