Minor UI improvements to bulk editing
|Reported by:||siobhan||Owned by:||afercia|
|Component:||Quick/Bulk Edit||Keywords:||has-patch ux-feedback|
The bulk editing feature isn't particularly clear. For example, it's odd that you can have a bunch of posts selected, leave "bulk editing" selected (the default in the dropdown, and just click the "Apply" button and nothing happens. The seems like odd behaviour (related: #11818).
The other niggle is the word "Apply" on the button. You're not actually applying anything when you click the "Apply" button, you're either a) making a selection of things that you are going to go on and apply things to, or b) moving things to trash. The "Apply" button doesn't accurately reflect that action (it seems to make more sense in the spam screen as you are actually taking actions in which an application is made.
I suggest the following minor improvements:
When the default of "Bulk Actions" appears in the dropdown the "Apply" button is greyed out and not pressable. When the user selects either "Edit" or "Move to Trash" the button becomes clickable.
The terminology on the button is changed from "Apply" to "Go", or "OK" or something other than Apply. I'm scratching my head to try to think of something :)
Change History (44)
- Keywords needs-patch good-first-bug added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 4.4
- Owner changed from pareshradadiya to wonderboymusic
- Focuses ui accessibility added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Owner changed from wonderboymusic to afercia
- Status changed from reopened to assigned