Page URI canonization
|Reported by:||pah2||Owned by:||markjaquith|
|Component:||Permalinks||Keywords:||needs-patch permalink slug canonization|
The nice permalink URIs for posts or categories are case-insensitive, but the page URIs are not.
This results in 404s being returned when a user incorrectly gets the case of the URI wrong. This is particularly a problem for weblogs that have migrated old pages to WordPress, and have external pages pointing to them with varying case applied to the URIs.
Change History (20)
10 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.1
8 years ago
- Cc janbrasna added
- Component changed from General to Permalinks
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.8
- Summary changed from Page URIs are case-sensitive to Page URI canonization