Adding a custom field to an unsaved Page before publishing causes weirdness
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:||Andy|
Description (last modified by markjaquith)
As reported on my blog by "Kira":
- I start a new page and give it a title of “Forum” without the quotes, leaving the page content blank;
- I add a links_to custom field with a value of “http://www.kalunite.net/forum/” without the quotes;
- Click “Publish”;
The newly created page is not listed among the Pages; instead, it is saved as a post draft by WordPress. Furthermore, the title is “Draft created on January 27, 2007 at 10:51 am” instead of “Forum”.
- Click "Write > Page"
- Move quickly for the next few steps
- Add a title (optional: content)
- Add a custom field key/value pair (click "Add Custom Field" after typing it in)
- Click "Publish"
What happens is that adding the custom field creates the Page as a POST draft, with a "Draft created on DATE at TIME" title. You have to move quickly because autosave appears to rectify this. clicking Publish does nothing, and your page seems to disappear (it has become a page draft).
Bit of an edge case, but still a valid bug.
Change History (21)
- Component changed from Administration to Editor
- Keywords close added
comment:17 scribu — 4 years ago
- Keywords close removed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:18 ranchnachos — 4 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.9.3
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 2.3.2 to 2.9.2