allow identical taxonomy slugs in different taxonomies
|Reported by:||nerrad||Owned by:||ryan|
I create a category named "Planning for WordPress Upgrades" with the slug "planning" and save. With permalinks on the url would be something like, "http://www.mydomain.com/%categorytoken%/planning.
I create a tag named "planning" and save. With permalinks on the url would be something like "http://www.mydomain.com/%tagtoken%/planning".
When saving the tag it will inherit the title of the preexisting category instead of saving as the tag I created. There should be no inheritance between taxonomy's.
Also, when editing the name in either the category or the tags the name will be changed in both the tag taxonomy and the category taxonomy. It is not possible to have different names for different taxonomies with the same slug.
Change History (23)
- Summary changed from new terms created with a slug already in db will inherit title of existing term in db even if is different taxomony. to allow identical taxonomy slugs in different taxonomies
comment:10 @janbrasna — 7 years ago
- Cc janbrasna added
- Component changed from Administration to Taxonomy
- Keywords category tag permalink slug taxonomy unique added
- Owner changed from anonymous to ryan
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch needs-testing removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:20 @johnbillion — 3 years ago
- Keywords needs-patch category tag permalink slug taxonomy unique removed
- Milestone Future Release deleted
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed