Focus on editing, while editing
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:|
The post editor feels like it has been relegated to a box of medium importance on the edit/compose screen. The height of the screen isn't used to full advantage, and editing is a frustrating scrolling-box-within-a-scrolling-box situation with a lot of distractions. I want to move editing closer to the distraction-free editing experience, to better let you focus on your content when you're actually editing it.
- Let the editor take up the full height of the content. Scroll it with the page. Only one scroll.
- Pin the header/footer editing toolbars to top/bottom when they would otherwise be scrolled out of view.
- Fade out toolbar, menu, and other meta boxes
I did a proof-of-concept toolbar-pinning "content scrolls with page" example here: http://codepen.io/markjaquith/pen/uCtGJ
@avryl is working on this as a plugin: https://github.com/avryl/focus
- How to access save/preview in this state?
- How to access media in this state?
- How should it transition? When should it transition back? Animation? Fading? hoverIntent(), etc?
Change History (127)
comment:19 follow-up: ↓ 37 @azaozz — 11 months ago
comment:54 @helen — 10 months ago
- Keywords needs-patch added; ui-feedback ux-feedback needs-testing has-patch removed
- Severity changed from normal to critical
comment:78 in reply to: ↑ 77 @stephdau — 10 months ago
comment:81 @helen — 10 months ago
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing removed
- Severity changed from critical to normal