Conflict between post and page slugs/permalinks when permalink setting is set to /%postname%/
|Reported by:||jamescollins||Owned by:||ericlewis|
If Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks is set to /%postname%/, it is possible to create both a page and a post with the same slug. When viewing via the frontend, the page is always displayed.
I would have thought that WordPress should prevent a post and a page from having the same permalink.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create and publish a page with any slug. eg. http://domain.com/test/.
- Create and publish a blog post with the same slug. Wordpress says the permalink for the blog post is http://domain.com/test/, but when you visit that URL it displays the page instead.
I can reproduce this on my 2.9.2 install, as well as 3.0 trunk. I'm guessing the bug is present in earlier versions of WordPress as well.
Possibly related: #11863
Change History (66)
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.6
- Owner set to SergeyBiryukov
- Status changed from assigned to reviewing
15 months ago
- Owner changed from SergeyBiryukov to ericlewis
- Status changed from reviewing to accepted